Question about extension IDs

Eric Bixby eric.k.bixby at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 23:16:37 UTC 2017

Check out this example code:
https://github.com/mdn/webextensions-examples/tree/master/embedded-webextension-bootstrapped

In the hybrid or embedded web-extension, you keep your existing id in your
package.json.  Upload this version to AMO as normal.

Then when you create your web-extension version, move the id to the
manifest.json file.  Upload this version to AMO as normal.  However, once
you switch your add-on to be a web-extension, you cannot switch back.