Question about extension IDs

Neil Bird lists at fnxweb.com
Sat Sep 30 09:09:23 UTC 2017

  Well, two questions actually, but I rather suspect I can guess the
answer to the second :-/

  I have a “legacy” add-on I finally have a little time to investigate
porting (although it appears I have less time than I thought due to the
preferences situation, about which I'll send another post).

  It has a UUID as an extension ID.  Would the AMO site cope with me
uploading a new version with a new-style ID, or is it fixed?  I don't
want to break automatic updates of it.

  If I can, do I just upload with a new preferred ID against the old
extension page's “upload new version”?

  And the follow-up question:  my extension currently supports both
Firefox and Thunderbird.  Obviously, if I change it to WebExtensions, I
can't keep the two the same.  Is there anything I can do about this?
Say, upload a forked Thunderbird version (that's if there are any
changes in the future) under a new name/UID *but allow existing
Thunderbird users to auto-update to it*?

--
[phoenix at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[phoenix at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature