HTML Validator - extension missing API in comparison with Chrome

YF yfdyh000 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 16:04:56 UTC 2017

1. Wait until it landed on Nightly, will not Fx57 for now.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar and
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/Uplift_rules.
2. Fill a bug to request api for WebExtension.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebExtensions/FAQ#Can_I_add_APIs_to_WebExtensions.3F
.
3. WebExtensions only in Fx57.

2017年9月29日星期五,Marc Gueury <mgueury at skynet.be> 写道:

> Hi all,
>
> I have 2 issues to port my extension:
>
> Q1. I have finally created a working extension on Chrome.
> Unhappily to have this extension working in Firefox, I miss one function
> in the nightly channel :
>
> chrome.devtools.inspectedWindow.getResources
>
> Will this be there for FF 57 ? I know there is a bug but not closed... :-/
>
> Q2. The extension adds a panel in the devtools. I would like to be able to
> click
>       on an icon in the toolbar to start devtools and go to my tab.
>       In practice, click on the icon to see source of the page + the HTML
> errors.
>
>  But this is not existing in Chrome. Nor in FF.
>
> Q3. Stupid question.
>       What will happen when FF 57 comes out ? Does my old extension XUL
> will stop to work completely ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Marc

Best regards,