How do you view prefs for web-extensions add-ons

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Thu Sep 28 21:35:38 UTC 2017

Am 28.09.2017 um 23:15 schrieb Eric Bixby:
> I'm trying to debug an add-on using localStorage to save prefs.  The old
> way is to type "about:config" in the address-bar and then filter by the
> add-on's id.  I tried using Mozilla Dev Tools, but I don't see anything
> under local storage.
>
> What's the new way to inspect/view add-on prefs?

For debugging, there's about:debugging. Which will you give syntax errors, console logs and such stuff for all parts not happening in the browser window.

If you're interested in storage's content: it's a plain JSON file stored in

$HOME/.mozilla/firefox/*/browser-extension-data/<add-on-id>/storage.js

Markus