Alternative to runtime.onSuspend?

James Anderson proginosko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 00:52:55 UTC 2017

Thanks for the reply, Andrew. I (wrongly) assumed that onSuspend was the
counterpart to onStartup. Also, the documentation on onSuspend says, "This
gives the extension an opportunity to do some cleanup."

My extension definitely needs to do some cleanup before a Firefox shutdown,
but perhaps also before an uninstall.

James

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 8:05 PM, Andrew McKay <amckay at mozilla.com> wrote:

> runtime.onSuspend is on suspension of the event page. Firefox doesn't
> support event pages, all background pages are persistent pages.
>
> Are you expecting to do clean up before a Firefox shutdown or uninstall?
>
> On 26 September 2017 at 17:41, James Anderson <proginosko at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I see that the runtime.onSuspend event isn't supported (yet) by Firefox.
> > Does anyone know when it will be?
> >
> > In the meantime, is there some other way to give an extension the
> > opportunity to do cleanup before it's unloaded?
> >
> > James
> >
> > --
> > James Anderson
> > Email: proginosko at gmail.com