Firefox not granting alarms permission

James Anderson proginosko at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 00:37:59 UTC 2017

Thanks again, Rob.

I think I'm up and running again. I thought I was using the latest version
of web-ext (1.10.0) but apparently not. I updated to version 2.0.0 and that
fixed the problem with Firefox immediately closing after launching.
However, it didn't fix the issue with alarms permissions.

I've been running web-ext with a custom profile and --keep-profile-changes
because my extension uses local storage and I don't want to have to
re-enter the options every time I test it. I decided to delete and recreate
that custom profile, and now the extension is being granted permission to
access the alarms API. So apparently there was a problem with the Firefox
profile data.

I still don't have an explanation for why the issue arose in the first
place, but at least I have a solution now.

Cheers,
James

--
James Anderson