Porting HTML validator extension to WebExtension

Marc Gueury mgueury at skynet.be
Tue Sep 5 14:42:08 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am currently stuck when trying to rewrite my extension. It is nearly
done. But I miss APIs.
I am not able to get the HTML of the current page sent by the server
from any action.

I tried with more functions available on Chrome a
a) with devtools.network and the HAR format in the dev panel
b) chrome.debugger / Network.getResponseBody

But,
- a and b works in Chrome but only when devtools or a debug page is opened.
- And only for the request after the debugger is started

But it is too late for me. I would like to get the HTML of the current page.

/In Firefox,//
//N//or a) Nor b) nor what I really need seems to be available on
Firefox :-(/

Thanks,

Marc