Bookmark Annotations in WebExtensions

Eric Bixby ebixby at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 24 19:02:40 UTC 2017

I'm trying to migrate the "auto-sort-bookmarks" add-on to WebExtensions.
However, I noticed that the WebExtensions API does not support the
annotations feature.  Chrome bookmarks just have name/title and URL for
bookmarks.  While Firefox bookmarks also have description and keywords.

Does anyone know if Mozilla will add annotations to the WebExtensions API?

Does that mean Mozilla will eventually remove annotations (description and
keywords) from Firefox bookmarks to be consistent with the WebExtensions
API?