RE: PutValue – correctly implemented by engines?

Domenic Denicola domenic at domenicdenicola.com
Sat Nov 23 10:45:20 PST 2013

[+test262-discuss]

From: es-discuss [mailto:es-discuss-bounces at mozilla.org] On Behalf Of Mark Miller

> Adding a test262 test would be awesome! But I am no longer sure of the weird ECMA procedure needed to do so while avoiding IPR issues. Can someone else advise? Thanks.

My stance on this, not really informed by anyone but myself, is that you should write test-262 tests, then release them under a liberal license, and ask your favorite Ecma member to copy them into test-262.

If anyone thinks this won't work, I'd love to hear back before I start converting a lot of promise tests to test-262 form :)