Supporting multiple ECMAScript test suites

Tom Van Cutsem tomvc.be at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:37:25 PDT 2012

2012/8/21 Bill Ticehurst <billti at microsoft.com>

> Likewise for ES6.  While we've been iterating on open issues rapidly
> recently, there have been no submits to the Harmony test-case repository
> for 9 months, and then only tests for one feature (proxies).  Do you see
> value in promoting this suite to the Welcome page before the spec
> stabilizes and/or there are more contributions?

I just want to point out that the proxies tests under
http://hg.ecmascript.org/tests/harmony/ are obsolete (they still test the
old Proxy API), so these definitely don't need promotion.

If there would be an ES6 test262 framework I can probably help in porting
some of these older tests. One open issue in this respect is how to refer
to draft specification text from within ES6 unit tests. For ES5 there's a
stable spec with stable section numbers to refer to. Not yet so for ES6.

Cheers,
Tom