Shell test harness

Paul Biggar pbiggar at mozilla.com
Wed Jul 6 17:27:29 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

Has anyone done any work into making a shell test harness for test262?
I'm interested in adding them to Mozilla's continuous integration, and
it would be easier with a shell harness than without.

Assuming there is no harness (I took a brief look around), what do I
need to take into account to make one? Some specific questions:

-  I found SputnikGlobalscope.js, which has a format like this:

GlobalScopeTests["S7.2_A5_T1"]={"assertion":"White space cannot be
expressed as a Unicode escape sequence consisting of six characters,
namely \\u plus four hexadecimal digits","description":"Use TAB
(U+0009)","id":"S7.2_A5_T1","path":"07_Lexical_Conventions\\7.2_White_Space\\S7.2_A5_T1.js","negative":"."};

How do I interpret 'negative'? Does '.' mean the test should succeed?

- What does 'config/excludelist.xml' record? Is it the same
information in SputnikGlobalscope.js, or is it different?

- Are all the tests in suite/sputnik_converted/, or do I also need to
look in ietestcenter/ and sputnik/ ?

- What are the semantics of $ERROR and $FAIL; how do they differ? (I
assume $PRINT and $INCLUDE are obvious?)

Thanks in advance. I'm happy to make this into a README to be
contributed back if that's useful.

Paul

--
Paul Biggar