new wiki online

Vladimir Vukicevic Vladimir Vukicevic <vladimirv at gmail.com>
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 11:30:51 -0800

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:01:16 -0800, Darin Fisher <darin@meer.net> wrote:
> Was it supposed to munge existing content?  This doc,
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/mozwiki/index.php/Gecko:SDK, despite being under
> construction, is pretty badly munged as if this wiki doesn't understand
> basic HTML tags.  It also seems to have replaced the text "SDK" with
> "[[Gecko:SDK]]".  Is that expected?  I think I realize what the wiki is
> trying to do, but hrm :(

This was me doing some script munging as I tried to preserve existing
links; "SDK" was a page title in the Gecko wiki, so my simple
s/SDK/[[Gecko:SDK]]/ caused bad things to happen on this page (because
it causes the page to link to itself, so there's no actual link that
gets printed).  My bad.

As for html.. it won't understand html/body, see
http://wiki.mozilla.org/mozwiki/index.php/Help:Html_in_wikitext for
bits that it will understand.  <a> is explicitly mentioned as being
disallowed, which is a little unfortunate.

    - Vlad