new wiki online

Darin Fisher darin at meer.net
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:01:16 -0800

Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:

> I've set up the latest MediaWiki on rodan, visible at
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/mozwiki/ .  Right now, I didn't change the
> home http://wiki.mozilla.org/ page -- eventually, it can just become
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/, and we can use rewrite rules to hide the
> index.php.
>
> I migrated over the existing public wikis (Mozilla2.0, XULDev,
> SVG/SVGDev, Calendar, GeckoDev, DocShell) into namespaces on the new
> wiki (Mozilla2, XUL, SVG, Calendar, Gecko, DocShell), so links are
> prefixed with that.  I tried to preserve most links through a simple
> script, but it probably failed more often than not.  However, there
> wasn't that much content to begin with, and most everything seems to
> have made it over ok.
>
> I didn't touch any of the private wikis; those should probably remain
> as private UseMod wikis (they should continue to work fine even when
> the public wiki becomes http://wiki.mozilla.org/.).
>
> You'll need to create an account/log in (button in the upper right) to
> edit pages, which should drastically cut down on the number of spammers.
>
> Let me know if there are any problems/comments before we move it over
> to http://wiki.mozilla.org/.
>
>     - Vlad

Was it supposed to munge existing content?  This doc,
http://wiki.mozilla.org/mozwiki/index.php/Gecko:SDK, despite being under
construction, is pretty badly munged as if this wiki doesn't understand
basic HTML tags.  It also seems to have replaced the text "SDK" with
"[[Gecko:SDK]]".  Is that expected?  I think I realize what the wiki is
trying to do, but hrm :(

-Darin