new wiki online

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:29:46 -0800

I've set up the latest MediaWiki on rodan, visible at
http://wiki.mozilla.org/mozwiki/ .  Right now, I didn't change the home
http://wiki.mozilla.org/ page -- eventually, it can just become
http://wiki.mozilla.org/, and we can use rewrite rules to hide the
index.php.

I migrated over the existing public wikis (Mozilla2.0, XULDev,
SVG/SVGDev, Calendar, GeckoDev, DocShell) into namespaces on the new
wiki (Mozilla2, XUL, SVG, Calendar, Gecko, DocShell), so links are
prefixed with that.  I tried to preserve most links through a simple
script, but it probably failed more often than not.  However, there
wasn't that much content to begin with, and most everything seems to
have made it over ok.

I didn't touch any of the private wikis; those should probably remain as
private UseMod wikis (they should continue to work fine even when the
public wiki becomes http://wiki.mozilla.org/.).

You'll need to create an account/log in (button in the upper right) to
edit pages, which should drastically cut down on the number of spammers.

Let me know if there are any problems/comments before we move it over to
http://wiki.mozilla.org/.

     - Vlad