'libxul' naming

Robert O'Callahan robert at ocallahan.org
Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:10:02 -0500

I don't like the name 'libxul'. Most embedders think they're embedding
Gecko, not XUL. Seems to me it would make a lot more sense to call it
"libgecko".

Brendan says that many embedders don't want XUL. Too bad; if we're going
to have a single shared Gecko library, it has to have XUL --- "Firefox
demands it". And for XUL-resistant embedders, calling it "libgecko" and
leaving XUL in the fine print is better marketing, anyway, IMHO.

Rob

--
Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ