Meeting tomorrow or Friday

Benjamin D. Smedberg bsmedberg at covad.net
Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:13:53 -0500

Brendan Eich wrote:

> Other items for the agenda:
>
> 11.  XULRunner status and planning.
> 12.  LibXUL.

The next phase of xulrunner hacking had to wait until the EM was ported
to the trunk. Now that that has happened, we're going to go in fairly
quickly and fix the remaining blocker-level issues. We will definitely
having a working xulrunner for 1.8; Ben Goodger has been doing some fun
work with shell integration on Windows.

libxul isn't going to be as hard as I feared. Bug 272783 has the
beginnings of the configure work. It is going to happen incrementally,
integrating a few libs/components at a time. But it will likely happen
fairly quickly. Note that this doesn't stop exporting all the non-frozen
symbols (yet). That is a second step once the basic meta-library is
linking properly. --enable-libxul will be the configure option, on by
default for xulrunner, and off by default for all the other apps.

--BDS