Meeting tomorrow or Friday

Brendan Eich brendan at meer.net
Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:35:59 -0800

12:30pm Pacific time, shaver will provide the call in info.

Let me know if tomorrow does not work.

A lot is going on now, and more has gone on in the background, on the
trunk and on wiki.mozilla.org, as well as in the aviary branch, which is
landing.  I'd like to ratify the plans we've developed and push on a few
areas:

1.  Cairo back end status reports for Mac (Core Graphics, a.k.a.
Quartz), Windows (GDI+), and Linux.  We won't replace gfx with Cairo by
1.8final, but we should aim to do so by 1.9.  Roc can say more.
2.  Canvas tag status.
3.  SVG status and plans for 1.8 and 1.9
4.  E4X update.
5.  Storage news.
6.  Storage-inspired thoughts on remote hosting of data people want to
6a.  share among machines,
6b.  share with others.
Everything from bookmarks to the Junk mail corpus comes to mind;
coherent read/write protocol issues come up, but that's part of the fun.
7.  Native widget rendering goals, leading to a task list for 1.8 and 1.9.
8.  XUL template and other stuff.
9.  XTF and XBL, what's the latest thinking on sharing correct
insertion-point implementation?
10.  XForms, web forms, better widgets such as sliders -- I'm mixing
these up on purpose, because I'm still looking for synergy between the
XForms optional extension and improvements to HTML and XUL widgets based
on whatwg.org and our own specs/intentions.

More topics welcome,

/be