libxml2, libxslt in mozilla2.0?

Brendan Eich brendan at meer.net
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:30:11 -0700

For XForms, it sounds like bryner is gonna use libxml2 for schemas.  We
could use relax-ng or schemas for developer tools to check XUL, for sure
(Bob Clary has written a XUL 1.0 Relax-NG schema).

So if by next year XForms, an optional Gecko extension, depends on
libxml2, what would we lose by switching from expat and transformiix to
libxml2 and libxslt?  We'd gain the ability to load DTDs and other stuff
from separate URIs, which we now lack.  Hyatt says good things, and
shaver and vlad vouch for DV (libxml2's author).  Reactions?

/be