XBL not bound via CSS

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:00:30 -0400

Quoting David Hyatt <hyatt@meer.net>:

> (2) Implement support for additive binding installation via CSS.  This
> would allow skin bindings and packages to apply mix-ins without
> invalidating the implementation.

This is the big one.  At the moment, XBL sorta supports a single binding (with
its chain of bindings it extends) attached to a node.

If we allow attachment of multiple bindings to a single content node, how do we
handle multiple bindings all specifying "competing" anonymous content (or, for
that matter, what do we do about method name collisions?  We'd need to ensure a
stable binding compilation order somehow).

Or is the plan to not allow multiple-bindings-per-content-node in full
generality?  If so, what restrictions do we plan to place on it?

-Boris