XBL not bound via CSS

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at MIT.EDU
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:57:51 -0400

Quoting "Benjamin D. Smedberg" <bsmedberg@covad.net>:

> We also need a method to automatically attach per-XML-dialect "style" to
> a document.

We have some infrastructure for that already, used by MathML.  See
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/content/xml/document/src/nsXMLContentSink.cpp#867

We would need a way to map namespaces to catalog sheet URIs, of course; the
XPCOM category approach you suggest would be fine for that.

> E.g. at the moment, every XUL file (local and remote XUL)
> has to explicitly import chrome://global/skin/.

If that's not desired, then it sounds like xul.css (which is already part of
ua.css) should just import that sheet.  Much simpler than doing the full-blown
catalog sheet thing.

Unless you want to make sure that we in fact do not put xul.css in the agent
sheet level for HTML pages... which would also be a worthwhile goal.

-Boris