tomorrow's 12:30 PDT meeting

Mike Shaver shaver at mozilla.org
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:28:45 -0400

--------------010708080400020303080306

Brendan Eich wrote:
> Agenda, semi-ordered:
> - Canvas news

- Vlad and Stuart in conversation with Apple rep about API changes,
convergence.

> - Cairo status

- License discussions continue, some progress being made.
- Discussion of forking last X11-based Cairo with Mozilla

> - XULRunner progress (see http://wiki.mozilla.org/XULDev?XulRunner --
> but I object that XUL is not a word! ;-)

- Ran (trivially-modified) chatzilla as a XULRunner app!
- Working on win32 icon stuff
- May need help with OS X equivalent
- Can be landed in 1.8a4.

> - SVG status and turn-on criteria

- Criteria sent to drivers: (attached)
  * font-size in
  * switch still under review
  * gradients not in yet, patch needs updating
  * <use> not in yet
- Do we need a security audit to go with upcoming SR?
- Might make end of 1.8a4?

> - XTF integration patch status, landing plan

- Waiting on jst for review and polishing (Tuesday)
- 1.8a4 likely
- Seems to be in good shape

> - XForms news

- Announcement out; not clear enough that it's an extension
- IBM working on XPath improvements as part of it, hiring Sicking!
- Integrating Novell dep-graph code
- Once XTF lands on the trunk, would maybe be able to work off trunk,
   branching during "quiet periods"

> - A generic one-click download-and-install managed extension model for
> SVG, XForms, and other such Gecko extensions

- plugin-manager : mime-type :: dropin-content-hoohah-manager : namespace
- may require vendor/packaging support for update as well

> - RDF story next steps

- BRQL is "SQL for RDF data stores"
  = hard for dynamic update of data representation?
  = leverages SQL syntax heavily
  = http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rq23/
- How do we wrap it up in XML?
- How complex/rich do we want our query language to be?
- How does the query language affect API size, performance?
- Is the query language too tied to RDF?

> - XUL2 prioritization of Neil's list, other actions

Homework: read and comment in http://wiki.mozilla.org/XULDev?NeilsWishlist

- shaver to schedule RDF call for more detailed discussion

MonoConnect progress:
  - can invoke XPCOM methods from C#, IronPython.
  - need component loader, better native->CLR calling

Mike

--------------010708080400020303080306
 filename="Attached Message"