Opening bookmarks in new tabs and reusing the current tab

Robert Bücheler rf.buecheler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 06:16:33 UTC 2017

What I understand that @Yuri is saying, is that there should be an option
to switch the current workings of middle- and left- mouse buttons.
Currently, provided browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs is true,
- middle-mouse button opens BM in new tab
- left-mouse button opens BM in current tab (except for pinned tabs)
and with an option (lets say for instance: middlemouse.SwitchWithLeft or
just Switch -- to provide the same feature for left-handers)
- left-mouse button opens BM in new tab
- middle-mouse button opens BM in current tab (except for pinned tabs)

now of course, if the user has a left-handed mouse, then the whole ordeal
would be switched altogether since the left-mouse button opens the pop-up
menu...

Is that what is being sought after? Or have I misunderstood the OP?