Opening bookmarks in new tabs and reusing the current tab

Ed Lee edilee at mozilla.com
Fri Dec 8 04:56:13 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 1:25 AM, Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am prepared to spend time to implement the feature in any way that
> is deemed acceptable and that gets me my preferred behavior in
> Firefox.
I don't think there's concerns of how difficult it will be to
implement some desired functionality. The amount of time it takes to
put together a patch with reviews and the discussion here is most
likely relatively small compared to the ongoing upkeep of the code and
mental load of any other developer looking at or near this code.

If you're looking for a 1-click way to get a bookmark to open in the
current tab when browser.tabs.loadBookmarksInTabs is true, you can
click and drag the bookmark into the page, and it'll replace the
current tab. (You can even drag the bookmark to a desired new tab
position in the current Firefox window or to another Firefox window.)

Ed Lee