End user providing info on a performance issue?

mhoye mhoye at mozilla.com
Wed Aug 23 14:35:26 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-23 10:16 AM, Mike Conley wrote:
> Legacy add-ons are usually the first suspect. You might ask your
> friend to see if they see the same behaviour when restarting with
> add-ons disabled.

Is there a deeper question here about user choice around legacy
installs? I'm reasonably sure that we offer people a chance to refresh
their profiles if they come back to Firefox after some long absence, but
IIRC we also give people the option to decline that refresh. It's
possible that's what we're seeing here.

Are there circumstances where we want to say "it's been too long, we
have to have a clean start here if we want a chance in hell of giving
you a decent experience"?

- mhoye