End user providing info on a performance issue?

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Aug 23 14:02:01 UTC 2017

A friend just wrote to me, after attempting to switch back to Firefox
from Edge):

"I couldn't get firefox to work properly (taking 30s just to load the
google home page),"

This is frustrating. He lives a long way from me, so I can't go round to
his house. He is reasonably technical, but doesn't have much time. What
can I ask him to do to diagnose the problem? Do we have a way for an end
user to send in a performance log without struggling with complex addons
and long lists of instructions?

Gerv