PSA: New JS helpers to query layout state without forcing reflow

Dão Gottwald dgottwald at mozilla.com
Sat Aug 12 08:54:07 UTC 2017

In any case, this has approximately the same degree of footgunniness as
> getBoundsWithoutFlushing (and probably significantly less), so if we're
> going to document one, I don't see any reason not to document both.

I don't think this is true. Where we've attempted to use promiseLayoutFlush
so far, we've run into said issue more often than not. And these are
patches written by you who likely has the best understanding of this API.
getBoundsWithoutFlushing must have either a lower failure rate or people
understand better when to avoid it.