New keyboard shortcut in local builds to restart with session restore

Brian Grinstead bgrinstead at mozilla.com
Thu Aug 10 18:02:59 UTC 2017

In Bug 1385452 we've added a new keyboard shortcut that only shows up in local builds - ctrl+alt+r / cmd+opt+r. It's similar to the Restartless Restart addon - it does a restart + session restore. I'm working on a follow up in Bug 1388552 to include the Browser Console in session store so that it will reopen on restart as well.

This is part of an effort that's been discussed in recent fx-desktop meetings to speed up making frontend changes to Firefox. That also includes things like incremental ‘faster' builds when source files change and hot CSS reloading - its being tracked at Bug 1389169.

Brian