Nightly 57 and Beta 57 milestones

Ritu Kothari rkothari at mozilla.com
Wed Aug 9 23:20:33 UTC 2017

Hello,

As we build up the momentum to push an amazing 57 release out the door,
below is a list of important milestones during Nightly57 and Beta57
stabilization phase
<https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/1jeypuqBqEyIh-4qxXT0UnE2aVjetN7uVD8W7L7TbWKg/edit?usp=sharing>.
This list includes dates for feature Go/NoGo, when to expect QA sign offs,
release notes review, merge day, beta build cadence, RC week, etc.

I will add these high-level milestones into Sheila's 57 track back schedule
document by end of this week. Please let me know if there are any
questions/concerns or if this list is missing a key milestone. Thanks!

Nightly 57 milestones

Date

Title

Details

8/22

Features in testable shape

   -

   Most of dev implementation is complete
   -

   The feature is in a position to be tested - functionally/perf.
   -

   Ready to be turned on by default in Nightly.

8/28 - 9/1

Mid-nightly feature sign off

Week of 9/11

All 57 “QF:P1” blockers fixed

   -

   Anything beyond this milestone will add huge risk to Beta57 quality
   -

   One mitigation is to require engg mngr approval for any fixes landing
   the week of 9/18 until 9/27 (57.0b1 pushed)

9/19

Nightly features Go/No Go decisions

9/21

Nightly -> Beta Merge
Thursday before go live

9/22

Beta57 release notes draft

Recurring milestones

Every 2 weeks

Nightly smoke testing

   -

   Week 2, 4, 6 and 8

   -

   Photon, Stylo, Activity Stream, Web extensions

Weekly

Perf tests

Weekly

PI Risk report

Weekly

Quantum release criteria

Beta 57 milestones

Date

Title

Details

9/21

Nightly -> Beta Merge
Thursday before go live

9/25

Beta1 gtb

9/27 - 10/6

Beta Staged rollout

57.0b2, b3, b4 gtb, push

10/9 - 10/10

100% of Beta rollout

Beta5 gtb, push

By Beta 4

All planned experiments have been kicked off

Starting experiments late jeopardizes their ability to add value

10/23

Feature Go/NoGo decisions

10/17 is 57.0b9 gtb

10/30 - 11/3