What if you could reinvent Firefox theming?

Gijs Kruitbosch gijskruitbosch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 00:41:53 UTC 2016

On 08/09/2016 23:41, Justin Dolske wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Jared Wein <jaws at mozilla.com> wrote:
>> What capabilities would you like themes to have?
>> [...] Also at 3% of responses were requests from users who require larger
>> icons and improved readability of the browser's user interface for improved
>> accessibility. Not far behind, and ironically next in the order of
>> generally want to maximize the amount of screen space that web pages can
>> use.
>>

> I'm a little surprised "make things smaller" came in so low!
>
> "Make things bigger" is somewhat curious... On Windows this is typically
> done by adjusting the display scaling factor in the OS settings. I wonder
> if people don't know about that, or are looking to make Firefox --
> specifically -- larger than normal.

Note that Windows also has text size options for particular UI text,
which we honour separately from the overall display scaling factor. So
if you configure e.g. message box text to be 20px high, a lot of Firefox
UI will be bigger (and not look amazingly nice anymore - there are bugs
on file for this, but considering the number of people who do this is
relatively small, they're not particularly high priority now, AFAIK).

~ Gijs