Improve our spell checker offering on Mac

Ehsan Akhgari ehsan.akhgari at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 13:33:48 UTC 2016

The spelling suggestions between different spelling engines will almost
definitely always differ. However with the example below it is unclear to
me which suggestion is better, since the typed word barely resembles either
of the two suggestions. It also depends on the words you include in the
dictionary. For example we exclude rare English words from the dictionary
because they're much less likely to be used in real text and it would serve
as a bad suggestion for a misspelled word.

Another point to consider is the breadth of different languages supported.
I don't know how many languages OSX supports for spell checking but I
wouldn't be surprised if that's a subset of the languages we support.