New weird password manager behaviour

Ehsan Akhgari ehsan.akhgari at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 18:20:42 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Gervase Markham <gerv at mozilla.org> wrote:

> > - On webpages that have both a username and password, the password field
> > often comes after the username. The autocomplete dropdown only shows up
> > when the field is empty,
>
> That's simply not true - or, if it's supposed to be true, this is
> broken.

FWIW I also have a similar experience to Gerv.  I get this drop down on
pretty much all websites, most of which I only have a single login on, and
they're all appearing at the bottom of the password field which is already
prefilled with the only password saved by Firefox for the website.  I'm
attaching a screenshot from Okta to demonstrate.

​
I actually don't remember ever seeing this drop-down for a website where I
have multiple logins saved for.  Like Gerv, I also always wondered what
this drop down is supposed to be useful for, and why it's attached to the
password field often repeating what I see in the user name field right next
to it.