Firefox Lite

M V mvocom at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 00:11:32 UTC 2015

Hello JS4Lf, Eric, Daniel and David,

Thank you for replying and for the useful information.

1) Each component in itself may indeed not be a primary source of memory
consumption. All of them combined might be significant.
    In the last few years, each new version has added about 6 MB to memory
consumption on start-up.
    I'm sure that many of the various improvements are relevant to all
users. Yet, many other features are important to a relatively small
    minority.
    Please don't get me wrong: all the features I have mentioned are great,
but why impose them on those who never use them?

2)  IMO, the binary size matters as well.

3) I mentioned ABP because of its popularity and high memory consumption.
But even if (or rather when; thank you all who are working
    on it) this issue is resolved, the basic question remains: why not
adapt Firefox to the vast majority of users?

Best regards.