Why are video downloader add-ons so popular?

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult enrico.weigelt at gr13.net
Sat Jun 13 19:17:28 UTC 2015

On 09.06.2015 20:15, Anthony Hughes wrote:

> I am personally against implementing *any* features which enable users
> to violate terms of service.

Well, *I* am personally against of FOSS project ever caring about
certain dubious corporations.

The web wasn't invented to implement certain corporations' terms of
services. It was invented for free information exchange. These
corporations chose to publish their services by the web, so they
have the terms of the web.

Oh, and I'm completely against implementing (mis-)features allowing
certain websites to sabotage usual browser functionalities (eg. mark &
and copy text, store images to files, etc).

Looking for reasons why people switch to another browser ? Well, you
might just found some ...

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt,