HTML 5 date/time input field UI on Desktop

Boris Zbarsky bzbarsky at mit.edu
Fri Jun 12 16:47:50 UTC 2015

On 6/12/15 12:41 PM, Gijs Kruitbosch wrote:
> It looks like UI-wise, both Edge and Chrome have some kind of UI
> internal to the inputbox (displaying the parts of the date with
> separators in a locale-aware order, and in Chrome's case spinner UI and
> a dropdown arrow)

We could totally do that.  It would need work from Gecko, but we can do
that.

What is hard to do for Gecko here is to do the UI design work to decide
what UI we want.  You probably don't want UI designed by me, or most any
platform hacker.  ;)  That's the part where we've sort of been asking
for a while for someone who _does_ have the requisite UI design
expertise to do it.

-Boris