HTML 5 date/time input field UI on Desktop

Justin Dolske dolske at mozilla.com
Thu Jun 11 19:46:21 UTC 2015

Is there a description somewhere of how a front-end should implement this?
That is, do we need to implement some API or respond to some Gecko
notification?

That would probably be a fine first step to helping the bug move along, as
it's really unclear from the bug what needs to be done. [Aside: this
illustrates a pet peeve of mine -- bugs filed without any context or
description.]

I suspect we don't want to write our own datepicker UI from scratch, so the
next step would be to figure out if we can use some UI provided by the host
OS, or if there are some 3rd party JS libraries that would be a good fit.

This might also be a good opportunity for someone in the community
interested in the feature to help implement it, especially if we can help
describe the Mozilla-specific scaffolding to get it going.

Justin