Why are video downloader add-ons so popular?

Anthony Hughes ahughes at mozilla.com
Tue Jun 9 20:34:14 UTC 2015

Not sure if you're trolling me but obviously I'm unaware how *any* of these
break terms of service. I was merely trying to call out that we should
tread lightly, especially as it pertains to topsites like Youtube. You seem
to have missed the core message of my comment: agreement with Chris that we
should be focusing efforts on fixing issues that drive people to install
these addons and ultimately switch to Chrome.

My apologies if my naivety caused offense.

On 9 June 2015 at 12:22, Mike Hoye <mhoye at mozilla.com> wrote:

> On 2015-06-09 2:15 PM, Anthony Hughes wrote:
>
>> I am personally against implementing *any* features which enable users to
>> violate terms of service.
>>
> When you file the bugs to drop devtools, disable caching, ssl decryption
> and copy/paste and remove view-source, search and the URL bar, please CC me.
>

> - mhoye

Anthony Hughes
Senior Quality Engineer
Mozilla Corporation