Themes?

Eric Shepherd eshepherd at mozilla.com
Fri Jun 5 03:50:23 UTC 2015

MCDavis wrote:
> Hehe.  I know what you're saying.  My point though is that I see
> people wondering whether it's still happening or assuming there's no
> activity or use in this area, when actually it's a lot more than
> zero.  A lot more.  I've seen several occasions of people asking
> questions similar to Eric's, which is understandable, because the
> Mozilla community is huge and almost no one sees all the parts, so
> it's worth speaking up.  As with any minority constituency within a
> larger body politic, one must stay visible or get forgotten, not
> because anyone is doing anything wrong but because that's just how
> things go.
We had no real intention of trying to tackle a full update of the theme
documentation anytime soon. We were just trying to get a feel for how
bad things are. If it was just a few tweaks needed, then that affects
the cost/benefit ratio of doing something there sooner rather than later.

What we would most likely do is issue a call to action to encourage
community to get into it.

It sounds like we should wait a couple weeks to get more insight from
you guys on how things are going to play out. But at some point we need
to make a call on these docs.

--

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer