Themes?

Kev Needham kneedham at mozilla.com
Tue Jun 2 11:49:50 UTC 2015

One of the things I'm on the hook for is a plan we can share about
add-ons. Not add-ons for extensions, but add-ons in general.

There are a number of whammy's coming at Add-on developers, and in
particular extension developers (add-on signing and related policy
changes, e10s, dropping binary component support, etc.) in the next
year, and the goal is to have a plan this month that we can communicate
because it's going to be bumpy.

I'd ask that we hold off on updating themes documentation for the next
couple of weeks. We're looking into what support will entail moving
forward, and also trying to get a better view on what AMO's user numbers
means (installs vs. active use).

Themes are being supported currently, but what that support looks like
will change, and I totally agree we need to signal intents ASAP.

kev