Themes?

Robert Strong rstrong at mozilla.com
Mon Jun 1 23:59:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Gavin Sharp <gavin at gavinsharp.com> wrote:

> > Traditional, fully-featured themes, now known on AMO as "complete
> themes",
> > are very much in use.
>
> I'm curious what you're basing that assertion on :)

Perhaps not a lot of people but it does seem like a decent assertion since
AMO still hosts them that there are still people that use the complete
themes hosted on AMO. :)

> While I don't think there are immediate plans to do so, we are very
> likely to drop support for "old-school" themes going forward, and I do
> not think investing in their documentation is a good use of time right
> now.

It would be a "good thing" to announce such a likelihood early (now?) so
the theme developers can choose whether they would like to continue
maintaining, creating, etc. something that support for will be dropped at
some point.

Robert