New community in Firefox 24; degree and improving

Rodrigo Rocha Gomes e Souza rodrigorgs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 12:09:09 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Justin Dolske <dolske at mozilla.com> wrote:

> Also, has anyone done the Hg/Bugzilla-fu to get data on all volunteer
> contributions (first-patch or not) by release? I think I've seen such a
> thing before, but can't remember who did it or where. Bonus points for data
> on how people come-and-go over time -- helping people get involved is one
> thing, helping them stay involved is another. I've not seen any analysis of
> that before.

I created some graphs using bug reports from Firefox for Android:
https://rawgithub.com/rodrigorgs/mozilla-contributors/master/mozilla-contributors.html.
I selected only fixed bugs, and considered a "contributor" anyone who
flagged an attachment with review?.

I'm a PhD student at Federal University of Bahia, Brazil, and I perform
statistical analyses on bug reports as part of my research. I currently
only have access to Firefox for Android bugs, but my scripts should work on
other projects as well.

Please let me know if you'd like to see any other statistics computed from
bug reports. I'll be glad to help.

[]s
Rodrigo