Why does Flash hang on Beta and Release?

Justin Dolske dolske at mozilla.com
Mon Sep 30 04:23:59 UTC 2013

On 9/29/13 5:51 AM, B.J. Herbison (Mailing lists) wrote:

> Has anyone tried to figure out what environment or configuration isn't
> being tested by Nightly and Aurora users?

Someone from the stability team may have a better answer, but it's
generally accepted that our Beta/Release users just have different usage
patterns. EG, early adopters and "techies" who are running
Nightly/Aurora are less likely to be addicts of Facebook flash games
(Farmville, Candy Crush, etc.) and the like. Ditto for issues caused by
malware/crapware or buggy 3rd party software.

[This is relevant to recent click-to-play discussions, too. Nightly
users liked the per-element click-to-play UI, while studies with
"average users" shows they hated it.]

Justin