Logging of "quality events"

Chris Hofmann chofmann at mozilla.com
Wed Sep 18 21:33:13 UTC 2013

 > suggestions for other types of error log events that should be
include in this system

On 9/18/13 1:52 PM, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
> hangs while running

we should try to get a bit more pre-emptive and detailed about this kind
of event.

It would be great if I could look at a real-time health report that told
me which of my many tabs and windows happened to be using the most
resources in terms of network, memory, and cpu, and accumulated system
load over the life of the tab.

I still get the hour glass from time to time and its not quite enough to
kill off the browser altogether, but is very annoying.

Understanding which tab (and associated web page) might be at the heart
of my problems, or if is a problem of well distributed load across many
tabs and window would be very insightful.

-chofmann