Removing Ctrl + Mousewheel zoom shortcut

Matthew N. MattN+firefox-dev at mozilla.com
Fri Jan 25 22:46:50 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I think we should get more evidence about the cause of this first before removing it.

I've seen this problem with someone who doesn't have a mouse and I'm pretty sure that they also didn't hit Ctrl +/-.  In that case the Toshiba trackpad driver supported pinch gestures to zoom and since this user regularly had two fingers on the trackpad by mistake, pages would zoom all of the time. Once I shut off the pinch options in the trackpad driver, the problem mostly went away. The reason I knew that this wasn't a Firefox-specific issue is because the user's desktop icons were also huge since the gesture also applied there.

I just noticed that we turned our own pinch to zoom gesture support back on for Firefox 14 on Windows in bug 740721 but I don't really know the two interact as I don't have a Windows computer with a trackpad. This could also be a cause for people who have trackpads.

Matthew